Sunday, May 27, 2012

Thank you for your hand

Something I wrote a while back, but never posted...

May I hold your hand for a moment while I catch my breath?  This past year my path has been steep as I have fought my never ending sickness, Bi-polar.  As the hill becomes higher & the sky darker I am once again called back to the book of Deuteronomy chapter 6.  When this road began I thought all I was asked to do was to be diligent to introduce my boys into the meaning of life; the worship of our Creator.  Shortly after I realized I couldn't simply teach them to see God in today, but I also had to instill the miracle's of yesterday into them as well.

Once again I have been beckoned back to the summoning of Moses.  I realize that I alone am able to teach the meaning of life to these small hearts of mine.  Strong man and I still are not enough to teach them.  Moses called all of Israel to teach the children that "The LORD is our God, the LORD is One!  You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might."

It has been a hard lesson; one that stabs deeply into my pride, the hardest filth of my heart.  For five weeks I sat with you friend, broken as my expectations of motherhood were ripped from me.  As difficult as it was I can still say it was good.  Through this lesson many relationships have come into being.  Most of all my small men have seen the Love of Christ, through many.  They have seen this in ways that I alone could never have taught them.  For these reasons I once again say thank you to God.

Thank you, friend, for you hand; for walking with me through this darkness.  As the apostle Paul concluded many of his letters with I will also:  May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment