Saturday, December 17, 2011

...And more cranberries.

Home made cranberry sauce!


Just like the juice you need to discard any of the rotten berries.


For every 12 ounces of berries you need to add:
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
Bring to a boil, turn down heat cooking for 10 minutes.


If the goal is whole berry sauce then pour into container and let it set.
Our goal was the jellied kind.  So I put it through my food mill.  You can just use a spoon and a strainer to mash out the pulp while leaving the skins in the strainer.


Doesn't it look good?
Now I wanted to can it for Christmas gifts so I put the sauce back on the stove just to keep it hot while I put it into jars to can.  I processed using the hot water bath method for 15 minutes when I used pints.  I processed my 1/2 pint jars for somewhere between 10 and 12.  It all depended on what the boys required of me at the time.  Everything set and sealed well.



In answer to my earlier question of lookin' delish, Laughter found it finger lickin' good!

He has given food to those who fear Him;  He will remember his covenant forever.
~ Psalm 111:5

1346.  Taste of warm cranberry sauce not yet set.
1347.  Quiet afternoons in the kitchen.
1348.  Washing dishes to the sound of jars sealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment