Tuesday, December 20, 2011

It's been two years!

The labor I went through with Laughter was much easier then my first.  There were a few bumps along the way but nothing too serious.


I spent the first 6 hours doing last minute chores.  Mostly I drank in the last few hours I had of just my Si guy and I.  When Strong man called from work to see how I was doing I was feeling so good I told him he should go to the basketball game we had planned on attending together.


I only went to the hospital because my contractions had became 3 minutes apart.  It wasn't until during one contraction that I went from 4 centimeters to 8 centimeters dilated that I began begging for drugs!  However there was no time.  Meds weren't really in the game plan anyway.  I had been expecting hours upon hours of the intense labor as it was with my older son.  In less then two hours after I arrived at the hospital and only four pushes I was holding my sweet Laughter.


I had no idea that I was bleeding way too much, needing a shot of something. All I could focus on was that my son was purple and wasn't breathing. The professionals seemed to think this was somewhat normal.


Once he caught his breath he screamed just fine.  It was beautiful.


He was beautiful.


In just a few weeks it was obvious that he would live true to his name of Laughter.


He's gives great snuggles.


He was walking by 9 months.


He has always wanted to do whatever big brother is doing.

And now, this year...


He's potty training.


He loves hats and life.


He only stops when exhaustion takes over.


He has a choo-choo dance and whenever he can he goes without clothes.


For now I'm the women he adores.

"Can a women forget her nursing child and have no compassion on the son of her womb?  Even these may forget, but I will not forget you."
~ Isaiah 49:15

1358.  A God who will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment