Sunday, January 8, 2012

5 boys,1 baby girl, and 2 Mommas

Just about once a week my Sister friend and I get together for the entire day.  I usually go to her place.


She's got 3 boys and often is watching a baby girl. 
Much chaos abounds. 
It's great fun. 
One time her middle son got his head stuck in the front steps...


Another time my son accidentally ate a seeded dandelion. 
I laughed tears.
She came to our rescue...


She loves the simple and decorates with sticks.
I'm proud of my self when I can hang a wreath she gave me in a cute place, as if an empty wall could be cute.


She has chickens.
For now I enjoy her eggs.
We both enjoy canning.


Our youngest are two months apart. 
The five really are like brothers.


The kitchen floor is a common seating.
She makes the best coffee.
Strong and Bold.


Sometimes we make our hoolies rest. 
Rest isn't always the word best to describe that afternoon time.


This week however we had 6 kidlets all quietly resting. 
For TWO ENTIRE HOURS.
We sat on furniture.
We ate chocolate without sharing.
We finished an entire cup of tea.
We were able to finish our thoughts with out interruptions.
It was beautiful bliss!

Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor.  For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion.
~ Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

1474.  Hours with my Sister friend while 6 kidlets slept.
1475.  Great conversation.
1476.  Simple conversation.
1483.  A fellow Momma to walk beside.
1484.  A mind that challenges mine.
1485.  Accountability.
1486.  Belly laughs shared.
1487.  Adventures taken together.
1488.  Phone prayers.
1489.  Pen's borrowed.
1490.  kindred spirits.


1 comment:

  1. 1489. Pens borrowed.
    Tis how our friendship began, sweets!
    Ha! Classic.
    Yes, last week was pretty rockin.' I was quite proud of us! Sweet post, my friend. Thanks for the shout out. Thanks for the friendship. Thanks for being you....

    ReplyDelete