After three months the flood gates opened and refused to close. Tears every day for much of the day, finally pushing me to see a Doc. Many trials and errors and now two doctors in. I've spent time with my Shepherd and have many in the church lifting me up before the King. It's beautiful! The body working together as it should. Prayers, tears, encouraging words, accountability all put into me. I am blessed.
Here are some things I've learned amidst random photos from this year:
1. Depression is a real sickness and not always brought on by sin.
2. The body of Christ is a beautiful thing.
3. The "terrible twos": my favorite age!
4. Working in the garden brings rest to my soul.
5. Anything in nature brings rest. All of it points to the greatest Lover of all.
6. Motherhood looks different for each of us and is constantly morphing.
7. Strong man is the best gift I'll ever receive on earth.
8. Friends of all kinds are needed. Allowing them to see my dirt is a good thing.
9. Pride is useless.
10. God is always good. Even the darkness is a gift.
As I look to this upcoming year I really have two goals: That my focus and the focus of my three men will only be on Jesus. If we live true to this then it doesn't matter what the year brings us. It will be good.
But You, O LORD, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head.
~ Psalm 3:3
1413. Strong man who loves me through my messiness.
1414. Motherhood is mine; I can do it my way.
1415. Friends who are willing to get dirty with me.
1416. Little boys to love on.
1417. Children that teach me the Creators unconditional love.
1418. Hoolies that show me how quick I need to forgive and let go.
1420. Unending blessing; countless gifts.
1421. Boy joy.1422. A Light in my darkness.