Saturday, January 21, 2012

I can't protect my children from God.

Remember my questions post where I asked questions of God.  Not what I would expect the righteous God followers to ask maybe someday I can be content with it all.  Until then I needed answers.  As always He listened and this time He gave me the answers I asked for.  Do you remember the question about my children?  It went something like this, "What you doing to these babies of mine as I suffer this depression?"  He took me to John 21 where Jesus tells Peter of his future and Peter wants to know about the other guys future too.  Jesus says don't worry about him.  You just follow me.  That answer held me for a day.  Then I went to My Shepherd in tears and angry.  It was good. Let me share with you.


1 Corinthians 10:13 says No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.


There are three really cool things here.  I've also added in some scripture that agrees with 1 Corinthians 10:13:
1.  He is Faithful.  1 The 5:24 - Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.  He's not going to let go, not only of me but of my three men.  He will be faithful to them as He has always been to me.  He is enough for them. 


2.  When the time come He will give me and my boys a way of escape.  2 Peter 2:9a - then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation Here I find rest for my dreams of the men my boys will become.  Here I know that this is good for them.  They will come out of this better prepared for life then had my dreams made it to reality.


3.  Grace is enough.  For all four of us.  This is where it is most difficult for me because once again it all comes down to my pride as it did for Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:7-9 Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me--to keep me from exalting myself!  Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me.  And has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness."  Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.  I have learned, and may I never forget, that I cannot protect my children from God.  I need to say that whatever my children need to suffer is good (I know what many of you think of this line.  For me I will talk of this another time).  This depression is as good for them just as it is for me.

Even to your old age I will be the same, and even to your graying years I will bear you!  I have done it, and I will carry you; and I will bear you and I will deliver you.
~ Isaiah 46:4


1585.  Good conversation with my shepherd.
1586.  Seeing that I need to let go of more.
1587.  Knowing I can't protect my kids from God.
1588.  Tears of brokenness.
1589.  Life lessons in the process of being learned.
1590.  Time with my helper of men friend.
1591.  John 21:22
1592.  1 Corinthians 10:13
1593.  Time in silence with my Strong man.
1594.  Clean floors.
1595.  Rosy cheeked niece.
1596.  Good boys.
1597.  As asked for God saved the falling snow for me to watch.
1598.  David Nevue, pianist, to calm my soul.
1599.  White, pure, holy
1600.  My sister's hands to offer extra help.

No comments:

Post a Comment