Thursday, January 26, 2012

What else can I do?


When I'm having a not so good day, not a depression bad day, just a regular plain old bad day.  You know what I'm talkin' about:  the kids fight all day, when you reach for the eggs only to find there are none, when naps somehow don't happen, you just cleaned that and now it's worse then before you began thanks to small hands.  That kind of bad day.  All I know how to do is count. 


A lesson it's taken almost a year to learn, but one I'm incredibly thankful for. I count the gifts of each and everything God has seen fit to give me today.  The here and now.  The mess and chaos.  Even more so on these "throw up your hands with an attitude of if you can't beat you mind as well join them" days.  So here it is...


1617.  Gummy treats
1618.  Veggie tales - Jonah
1619.  Sun rays across my floor.
1620.  Hot showers


1623.  Found my rejoice crayon (a word search as I read through the bible. Lost this special seer today)
1624.  Phone call from a friend just to ask, "How are you?"
1625.  Seeing the need to slow and cuddle the boys.
1626.  Fresh clean shower curtain.


1627.  The filthy stench of sin shown in Isaiah.
1628.  The beautiful awesome description of redemption also written by Isaiah.
1630.  Runny noses and stomach bugs to remind me of the ugly sin I fight each day.
1631.  Sleepy boys


1632.  Charlotte's Web
1633.  Silly kitties.
1635.  Unplanned dinners
1636.  Yummy treats made from discoveries as I was cleaning out the freezer.


1637.  All day coffee
1638.  Blueberries
1639.  Naps missed.
1640.  Empty egg carton inspired me to go to the freezer, ending with blueberry pie, okay blueberry soup pie.
1641.  Pushy cat.


To grant those who mourn in Zion, giving them a garland instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting.  So they will be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.
~ Isaiah 61:3

No comments:

Post a Comment