Thursday, June 23, 2011

Choices

Here's a video we showed in our Jr. high VBS program this week.  It got me to thinking.


As I watched this video I was reminded of my young man of the woods that loves to use our couch as a launching pad rather then a place of rest.  This past weekend my Strong man and I were in the kitchen talking when we heard a thump followed by crying.  Sure enough the floor turned out to be harder then my sons head.  After comforting him we pointed out that we ask him not to jump off the furniture because we love him and are trying to protect him from pain. 

Just few hours later as I'm walking by the living room I see a boy flying through the air.  This time landing on his feet rather then his head.  He's ecstatic with how well he landed that jump.  I once again tell him not to jump of the couch because one of these times he's going to get hurt badly.  Off I went for a quick shower...If you're a mother of boys, you know where I'm going with this...About half way through my shower I hear screaming and small feet running to find me.  This time he's bleeding, bit both his upper and lower lip.  Four days later he's still got a big ol' fat lip protruding out of his freckled boy face.

I am so much like this son of mine.  Growing up I always had to learn the hard way.  Just like him I climbed everything and have many scares to show for it.  Still as an adult I have to be intentional about doing what I know is best.  As I deal with this depression my naturally, introverted self wants to just fade away into aloneness.  But that is not how God intended us to function.  First he created man and wife, then parents and children, and then later He compared the church to the body.  If I'm going to overcome this, I need to intentionally be making the right choice.

There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.
~ Ephesians 4:4-6

706.  Bloody lips to teach and remember.
707.  Freedom to make our own choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment