Sunday, June 19, 2011

Going public

Since I started blogging about my depression I have found many people who shared with me that they too are walking the same path.  I've found that this depression is opening a door for me to build friendships with others. 

Just the other day I was in a store.  I had to ask for help from one of the workers and as she was helping me she started telling me about her recent heart pain.  After just a few minutes I told her that I fight depression and that one sentence opened up the floodgates for her, and she went deep into her pain to share with me.  In just a few short minutes we had connected.  As she left she turned and asked for a hug giving me then the opportunity to let her know that I would be praying for her.  What a gift!  For a stranger to trust me with her piercing hurt.  What a gift to pray for this lady friend of only a few short minutes.

This conversation got me to thinking, that if I can spend just a few minutes living life with some other beautiful, hurting soul then maybe my blog, which really is just an outlet for me, can give joy to a hurting soul sitting at another computer screen.  I've decided to open my blog up for any and all to see.  As I do this my prayer is that I can just walk a bit with somebody else who fights beside me.  That we can encourage each other. 

God bless all who read my messy thoughts.  God is bigger then any crater that sits before us.

O LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; for You have worked wonders, plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness.
~ Isaiah 25:1


677.  Depression opening doors of friendships.
684.  Those who have gone before me checking in to help me along.
685.  Life long friends, more like sisters, who love me at my worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment